Friday, January 6, 2012

What happened to TV?

Besides the fact that if feels like reality TV has taken over every channel and turned our brains to mush (and by ours I mean mine :) )....I will tell you what is really missing from the boob tube....a good ole intro song!

Hello? It doesn't matter how corny or mediocre a TV show used to be...if it had a good catchy opener.. I was in!

"As long as we got each other...la la la" oh Kirk Cameron you were too cute...



Or how about "the milkman, the paperboy, and evening TV"....too bad TGIF doesn't' come on tonight :)


Ok this one has no words...but really with a show like this who needs words?


I can still recite every word of this gem...


I think you might be able to figure out my age based on my choices by now...

This one may have been a bit before my time...but thank goodness for Nick and Nite


Ok this one is goes with out saying...



Some honorable mentions:

Family Ties....shaa la la la
The Wonder Years....I know its a real song but still great
California Dreams.....you must be between 27 and 35 to appreciate
Cheers...duh
The Patty Duke Show...again thank you Nick and Nite...I was a different kinda kid :)

What are some theme songs you know by heart?

P.S. you are welcome for me getting these songs stuck in your head for the weekend

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about this! I watch a few shows on ABC Family (Pretty Little Liars and The Lying Game) and they BOTH have opening title songs and I appreciate it! So, it's not totally dead. - Kate

    ReplyDelete