Monday, December 19, 2011

Man oh man(tle)

This year my downstairs got a woodsy Christmas make-over. Everything I did was in attempt to achieve that "au naturel" look....and I love it. Take a look at what me and my talented momma came up with on the fireplace. 



The garland is a mix of white pine (costco), dried hydrangeas (friend's yard), and jute bows (leftovers from the days of making "hemp" necklaces, I promise at least 10+ years old). The wreath in the middle came from Target and is made out of a thousand pieces of star anise (smells a bit like licorice) and was a steal at $8...originally $40!


Next year (and by next year I mean this year when xmas stuff is 80% off) I think I will get new stockings and holders that are bit more rustic and natural to add to this woodsy theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment