Monday, November 28, 2011

I can make that!

Time to deck the halls, decorate the tree and hang the stockings with care...and if I can...save a buck or two.

Every shop, grocery store, gas station and mall is stocked with Christmas decorations right now, and over this past Thanksgiving weekend  I saw a million different options. One trend that I continued to see while I was out and about -  were graphic holiday signs like this one:




They are fun,  modern and totally perfect for my next DIY project!



First I tried to mimic the design I had seen using Photoshop (this was the most tedious part for sure). Since I didn't have anything stronger than computer paper at the time, I just glued each version onto a folder using spray glue.



Next I painted on 3 coats of white glue mixed with brown acrylic paint with a foam brush. When they were dry, I sprayed them with a light coat of gold glitter spray paint. Once all dry, I cut them out and popped them into a frame. TA-DA!




The green one didn't make the cut. But the red version looks great in this matted frame. This project was really easy and the supplies needed were simple.

TOTAL COST = $0!!!

I already had: paper, glue, glitter spray, paint, and a frame....easy peasy! If anyone wants to try and make this too, just leave me a comment below and I will send you the design file or the PDF of this image :)

3 comments:

  1. It looks soooooo good on your side table!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the yarn-wrapped wine bottle - tutorial??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dara and Jenn! Jenn the bottle is so easy it's just that jute that we used to use to make necklaces :)... and hot glue. Its pretty time consuming but easy and cheap.

    ReplyDelete