Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Red Light Special

Anybody remember TLC's "Red Light Special"? That was my jam in middle school. It might have been one of my first CDs. I think I knew every word...although I had NO idea what they were singing about. Looking back now, WHOA that was an inappropriate song for a 12-year old... I was probably just like these adorable little girls singing "Super Bass"...

OK back to the light!

About a week ago I picked up this 'vintage' double headed lamp from a antique mall for $14. After some cleaning and painting this weekend I am in love with it and think it looks fabulous in my guest bedroom.




I decided to give the shades a makeover as well. They both got wiped down with a vinegar and water mix. Then I put painter's tape around them for a striped design.


The shades got sprayed with Rustoleum's "Heirloom White".


The base was sprayed in Rustoleum's "Colonial Red'.


Voila! This lamp turned out great. So much personality and unlike anything I have ever seen off the shelves. The red really pops and I love the way the shades turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment