Monday, November 21, 2011

Last call for Pumpkin!

Thanksgiving will be here in 3 days!

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  This year my family and I will be heading down to Staunton, Virginia to my uncle's cabin, where I will be celebrating with over 25 of my family members. We will eat, play games, watch football, and drink. (You can't hang out with 25 family members and not drink a little :))

This year I am bringing several dishes down to the farm, but the one that I am most excited about sharing is Pumpkin Pie Dip. I recently had this dip at a Virginia Tech football tailgate, and I am hooked. It is easy, delicious, and the bomb! Every scoop tastes like your own personal pumpkin pie.

Pumpkin Pie Dip
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (light and fat-free work just as well)
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup sour cream (you can use light)
  • 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • splash of OJ (more or less based on the desired thickness)
  • 1 teaspoon of maple syrup.
  • Gingersnap cookies, apples, or cinnamon graham cracker sticks (I picked up some Scooby Doo graham sticks for the kids) 
    First, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Then add in the pumpkin, sour cream,  pumpkin pie spice, syrup and OJ. Mix well. An immersion blender is great for this dip. Serve with green apples, graham cracker sticks, or gingersnaps. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. For a festive touch, serve inside a real pumpkin!
    via

      1 comment:

      1. This dip better, in fact, be THE BOMB! Thanks for the recipe, Kayla! Gobble gobble, Kate

        ReplyDelete